Always Making Something

Zombies in the Nursery

Zombies in the Nursery

Followers

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Sarcasm

I was out with my sister Lori last week.  We were at Target, hobbling through together. (It is a sight to behold).  We were looking at the greeting cards, laughing hysterically, people were staring but we didn't care, it was too much fun.  

Suddenly, I saw the perfect card,  I was searching my brain for the best person to give it to. Now, as every family has its dirty little secrets, ours is not any different.  

So bravely I asked Lori, "Do you think #2 daughter would like to send this to her husband?"  

"Does it have sparkles on it? You know THEY can't have any cards with sparkles it" ( Can you see where this is going?).  

" No, no there are no sparkles or glitter or any thing shiny" I said. 

 " Read it to me" Lori said.  

"No I think you should read it yourself"  I said.  So I handed it to her.

 She began reading and I could not wait for her to finish. It felt like forever, and then ............... 

We both burst in to the most unlady like laughter, belly laughing, someone may have snorted and there were tears too. I thought I was going to have to crawl into to the shopping cart to recover. The pain was reeling through my body from laughing so hard. 

Lori was sitting on the floor with her legs crossed and laughing into her purse.  

I asked her what the heck she was doing she replied "I don't want anyone to see me". 

So now I will tell you what the card said.

"Valentine, I will always have your back. If we were in prison I would take a shiv for you"
 

Now you may say why is that so funny? 

 Well it just so happens that my nieces husband is in Jail.  Long story short he was in a fight he got stabbed and almost died. He was in the hospital for 4 weeks. Unfortunately before he passed out he hit the assailant with something metal.  He had to go to the ER.  

My niece's husband is a LEGAL ALIEN.  He has lived in this country for 26 yr and his Green Card was in order. 

Unfortunately he was charged with a felony.  He is awaiting  deportation back to England and can never return to this country.  

The other part of this story. My son is a Federal Agent he is Office of Investigations currently working with ICE.  Is this a funny story?  

NO, it is very sad. 

There is nothing that can be done. 

My son has to go by the law and go by the law he will.  He is a justice fighter.  He is not even involved in this case he lives in another state. But he can not even talk with his cousin regarding the situation or even offer any advise.  

Does this sound crazy?  Well it is.  But the Card took us some place else for a moment.  The Law is the Law.  And the Card was sarcastic if only for a moment.  

Someday, I am going to write a Family Biography, but they will put it in FICTION because no one will believe it.  

I am going to call it Mostly Functional Dysfunctionals or The Trailer Park.  Any way we love them.

And I am always Making something..................

No comments:

Post a Comment