Always Making Something

Zombies in the Nursery

Zombies in the Nursery

Followers

Monday, July 4, 2011

My Country Tis Of Thee

Happy 4th of July!.  Our Family is very patriotic. We are all Military. USAF, ARMY.  When our son who is 33 now was in high school he went to a Magnet school. It was run by the Navy, they wore full uniforms everyday, had formation each morning, earned rank, and became leaders. The whole Military experience.
At the end of each year they had " PASS AND REVUE". An Admiral would come up from Florida to view the troops as they passed the Grand Stand.  It was a wonderful experience. As the flag passed everyone would stand the troops would turn their heads and sharply salute the Admiral.  As each year went by It was something everyone looked forward to.  In his Senior Year Pass and Revue, the crowd was a bit unruly a little rude even. The troops began to pass and when each platoon passed with their Flag and the American Flag only a few people stood up with their hands over their harts. It was really annoying me. Then the Honor Guard began to pass the Grand Stand still only a few. I could not take it any more.
I got on top of the riser bench seat and Yelled at the Top of my Voice as Loud as I could "STAND UP, STAND UP THE FLAG OF YOUR COUNTRY IS PASSING!!!!   The crowd was as surprised, as was I. Everyone got to their feet and woman turned to me and said I did not know we were supposed to. I was horrified that the respect for the flag and our country was so un important to some.
I just looked in her eyes and softly said "Your an American aren't you". Thank goodness it was his senior year I just knew I was going to get a good talking to.
When everything was over and we were re united with our son, he came up to me and said thanks mom I am so proud of you for standing up for our flag.
After high school he went to college, and  to the Army Resvers where he spent 1yr in  in Bosnia and then in Iraq for 14 mo. Now today he is a federal Agent.
Still loving and serving our country.
GOD BLESS OUR COUNTRY AND THOSR THAT KEEP US FREE.
enjoy the holiday and your freedom. Till next time.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment