Always Making Something

Zombies in the Nursery

Zombies in the Nursery

Followers

Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween with Greyson or Running with a Dinosaur

Halloween is not my favorite holiday.  Then I really don't have a favorite holiday.  As a matter of fact, I don't like holidays at all.  That's another post all together.

Since our grandchildren live in Texas we don't get to see them at this time of year.  My niece and her husband live here and their little two and a half year old.  And since my sister and brother in law had a prior commitment [Gi-Gi and Pa-Pa], I decided to stand in.

When the rain stopped, ( I think my niece was praying it wouldn't), and she was able to catch Greyson she wrestled him down and put on his costume.  A very cute bright blue fuzzy Triceratops.  The hood was loose and slid forward over his eyes, his mom kept pulling it back and then he tried to hold his head back to keep it from going over his eyes again every time this was repeated he would hold his head up and say "I see Cwowds".  He was running and skipping and us, trying to hold on to him was a challenge.  I was laughing so hard I was having a hard time staying dry and it wasn't raining.  My niece was kicking herself for not bring the child leash, the restraint of choice for his sweet little very active boy.

By the time he hit the second house, he had it down pat.  Tumbling up and down the stairs to each $350,00. 00 homes, knocking on the door and saying, "Trick or Treat", and "thank you", still not having full use of his sight.  Then when I thought I could not laugh any more and the stopping, twisting my legs together to keep from springing a leak was becoming a real test of lower ab strength, I started to have my own sight issues from his hysterical antics.  He began to figure out he was funny.  But then his tiny hand would slip into mine and he would say, "Come on  Susie, almost there".

The highlight of his collecting sugar fill treats was when someone gave him a lunch size bag of Lay's Potato Chips.  He was totally in awe with the bag of chips.


This was truly the best Halloween I have had in years.

I was going to post pictures, but they were all a blue blur.  I would rather keep photos in my guarded file protected in my mind.  So someday when I am old and sitting in chair at the nursing home, I can play it over and over all for my self.  Maybe next year when he is older.  I guess that DEPENDS.

No comments:

Post a Comment